With a business name ‘Cakes by Carli’ it’s pretty self explanatory about who I am and what I do! But, who am I really?
Here’s some fun facts about your friendly neighbourhood baker.
- The idea for my business started when I was 19 and got diagnosed with a nut allergy.
- My business has only been going for three years – I took a little while to get my idea off the ground!
- I’m a journalist by trade. Now I work in Communications and Marketing.
- I LOVE cake. I like smelling cake, eating cake, baking cake and talking about cake.
- My fingers and toes are double jointed 🤣
- My favourite countries are Slovakia and Japan. I’ve been to the former three times, and the latter four times.
- Pizza is my favourite savoury food. Hot, cold, pineapple, no pineapple. I just like pizza.
- I’m not great at cooking dinner. I mean I’m ok, but I don’t really enjoy it all that much.
- I love dogs but I’m allergic to them. Along with cats, dust, grass, nickel. Yep, I’m a barrel of laughs.
- I’m a total introvert and would much prefer to be curled up with a book than out at a party!
So there’s a little insight into Cakes by Carli and how this business came to be!
So next time you need a nut free, dairy free, vegan or gluten free cake, think of me with my funny fingers and love of pizza – hahah!